In recent weeks I have looked into various EU Commission priorities, this post dives into the 6th and last one: Nurturing, protecting and strengthening our democracy.
What is the scope of work?
Conference on the Future of Europe
- citizen-led series of debates and discussions that ran from April 2021 to May 2022 – see the final report
Have your say on Commission initiatives
- a whole range of topics to which you can send in your opinion, but the deadlines are in the very near future
European Democracy action plan
- designed to empower citizens and build more resilient democracies across the EU
- On 8 March 2022, the Commission adopts a proposal for a directive on combating violence against women and domestic violence.
Strategy for the rights of persons with disabilities 2021-2030
- News 28 June 2022: Removing barriers for persons with disabilities: European Accessibility Act must be in national law from today
Long term vision for rural areas
- Read about the EU Rural Action Plan
The EU Strategy on the Rights of the Child